At Intercam, year after year we strengthen our commitment to the community, the environment, our clients, employees, and shareholders, through actions that embody our philosophy of being a Socially Responsible Company.
Some of the activities we implemented between 2018 and 2019 are:
We made the dreams of 7 families come true
For Social Responsibility
- More than 300 employees helped build 7 homes for the “Construyendo” program, in which P$1,174,296 pesos were raised for the “Todo el Peso de Nuestro Corazón” campaign.
- For the third year in a row we obtained the ESR distinction from the Mexican Center for Philanthropy (CEMEFI)
- We donated classroom furniture to the Miguel Hidalgo Federal Primary School in Tlaquepaque, Jalisco, as well as to the Mexican Red Cross in Mérida
- We delivered 25 computers to the institution PROED in Mexico City
For the Environment
- We collected 1.283 metric tons of trash on International Beach Cleanup Day, with 367 people, including employees and family members from 17 Intercam branches, helping to clean up 25.9 km of beaches.
- Committed to saving paper, starting in November 2018 our clients’ account statements are available only by e-mail and online banking, saving a total of 4 metric tons of paper a month.
- We gave low-polluting hybrid cars to employees with outstanding performance in the promotion area
- We installed waste paper containers in our corporate offices that collect 293 kg of paper a month, or 3.5 metric tons of printed paper a year for recycling.
- We installed certified alkaline water filters, promoting annual savings of 2,000 PET bottles, 70 liters of disinfecting chemicals, 348 water jugs and 180k of CO2.
- We provide mandatory Environmental Education workshops to 2,176 employees
- We participated in the 2018 Banking Games with 114 employees in 11 sports disciplines and 4 cultural fields; we obtained 19th place in number of medals, among 51 participating institutions
- We introduced Health Week, a campaign to provide medical checkups and build awareness about physical and emotional health
- We gave talks to our employees to raise awareness about breast cancer and colorectal cancer.
- We carried out a flu vaccine campaign.
For the Community
- We sponsored the Adolfo Lagos Izzi-Kardias Cycling Tour, with a fund of P$250,000 to benefit children with heart ailments.
- We donated P$247,908 to Fundación Televisa’s “Bécalos” scholarship program, which benefits more than 285,000 students and teachers, helping them to continue their studies and training.
- We assisted four children’s homes in Cancún, Tijuana, Guadalajara and Mexico City, helping to protect vulnerable children.
- In the ongoing renovations at Hospital Juárez, we sponsored signage for the facilities in commemoration of its 171 anniversary.
- We sat on the Board of Directors of the Universidad de las Américas, contributing actively to decision-making in the institution
- We brought smiles to children at the Casa Cuna La Paz and gave more than 200 toys to 72 children for Three King’s Day and Children’s Day.
- We took part in National Financial Education Week with a stand and activities for learning about savings and investment
- More than P$500,000 in donations to various educational and cultural institutions